July in Manila can be an extremely stressful time of the year, whether you're studying or working. This season brings with it unpredictable weather, which then leads to notorious and frustrating traffic jams. At the end of a tiring day at school or at work, there's nothing better than treating yourself to a nutritious and flavorful snack or drink to feel good - especially when Karton.ph can deliver it straight to your doorstep.
1. Indulge in locally-grown chocolate products. Chocolates, especially those contain a high cacao content, contains over 300 different compounds that all stimulate the brain to help you feel good. Chocolate also has antioxidant properties which protects you from the free radicals that you are exposed to in the environment especially when you're under a lot of stress. These chocolates are a guilt-free and delicious way of destressing:
2. Invigorate your senses by loading up on cold-pressed fruit or vegetable juices. These drinks not only taste good but when fruits and veggies are given the cold-pressed treatment they're much a more potent source of nutrients and vitamins, most of which are depleted from our bodies when we eat junk food, sweat, or are exposed to pollution in traffic (or that toxic person at work!). Unlike commercial juicing methods, cold-pressed juices preserve healthy enzymes and vitamins. Try these refreshing cold-pressed juices packed with all the good stuff:
3. Snack on organic energy bars which make excellent homemade snacks, especially if you still have work to do or homework to accomplish. Energy bars are a low-calorie but delicious and effective way of giving you that added boost, especially when you're feeling all the pressure. Choose your energy bars wisely; if you go with the right choice you can ensure that every ingredient used also has health benefits to help you combat stress.
4. As soon as you get home, drink your stress away with an authentic Filipino homemade product - lambanog. Also called as palm wine, this drink will give you a good buzz and it's a great way to forget about your troubles especially when enjoyed with your friends and loved ones. Just keep in mind that palm wine has a higher alcohol content than other varieties of booze, so consume moderately especially if you plan to imbibe on a weeknight. Since lambanog is made from all-natural ingredients, you can be sure that your buzz is a healthy one too. Try Barik - and you can buy drinks online too!
5. Indulge in the therapeutic effects of cooking. For many people, spending time in the kitchen whipping up a great meal is actually meditative and can help relax you in the comforts of your own home. Besides, they don't call it "kitchen therapy" for nothing. Even if you've never cooked a dish in your life, you can start simply by following cookbooks or recipes online. If you've never tried it before, we highly recommend giving cooking a try - you just might be surprised at how all that chopping, peeling, grinding, stir-frying ,and kitchen activity can knock stress right out of the park. Jazz up your meals and dishes with these:
With these recommendations, you can't go wrong. If you tried any of them, drop us a line to tell us what you think!